[Rhodes22-list] New here - intro and some questions

jimtracyjohnston at centurytel.net jimtracyjohnston at centurytel.net
Fri Nov 12 17:31:01 EST 2010

Rob, There is no comparison in the Rhodes & Mac.  The Mac has what
appears to be a lot for the bargin price. The shinny adjustable wrench
in the bargin bin at the lumber yard looks just like a Snap-On or
Craftsman until you use it. The Rhodes will give you many enjoyable
hours of sailing if treated properly not many hours of fixing and
patching. One suggestion is the use of a mast raising system. The IMF
system is heavy. When we first purchased our Rhodes I raised the mast
alone with halyards connected to the stern, cross ties, bungies, lots
of luck and more than one unsuccessful attempt.  The next suggestion to
to call the new Rhodes "Our" boat. Get your wife involved.  We have
several super female contributors on the list that you MUST listen to.
Their knowledge is wonderful!!! They don't try the macho, often stupid,
solution to problems.  I hope they (ladies) will jump in here. Good
Luck, Jim J "LOON"