[Rhodes22-list] outboard size

Rob S. sealovertech at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 15 20:07:34 EST 2010

Stephen,
That's what I wanted to hear!  I did find the *excellent* "what motor do I need"
page on Rhodes22.org and enjoyed the prop calculations.  Will keep it simple and
use the reliable motor I already own and adjust as necessary. (unless a bargain
comes along on an 8 HP)   Might try to find a more suitable prop.

Rob

Yes, 4 HP is plenty. Used one for 4 seasons in Mass Bay & managed 4
foot seas & 30 knot winds.

Stephen Staum
87 R22, Carol Lee
Needham, MA