[Rhodes22-list] gas tank in laz

Stephen Staum staum at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 19 07:28:31 EST 2010

BK,

I too am awfully skeptical of gov. programs & rules. However, in my
experience as a pilot & sailor I have usually found gov. safety
regulations to be logical and founded in real need based on accident
experinces. In my opinion, the gas storage venting requirements make
good sense. An explosion & fire on board are the most difficult
emergencies a mariner can face. Fatalities are often the result. Why
would anyone want that risk? Especially on a Rhodes w lots of vented
storage under the cockpit seats, the question is a no brainer.

Just one man's opinion.

Stephen Staum
87 R22, Carol Lee
Needham, MA

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 18, 2010, at 11:30 AM, Bob Keller