[Rhodes22-list] heater in the cabin

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Fri Nov 19 11:07:45 EST 2010

The problem with all heaters that burn fuel is that they consume oxygen.
Personally, I wouldn't use one in a Rhodes under any conditions. Electric
heat  is the only safe heat that I can think of, unless you go to installing a
permanently mounted heater with a stack and fresh air source.
I'm beginning to think that a lot of our owners are just wimps. Haven't you
 people ever done any cold weather camping? Warm sleeping bags and cold
weather  clothing are better than suffocating in your sleep from carbon
monoxide  poisoning or setting the boat on fire. Yeah, I know. It sounds kind  of
funny coming from a guy who stores his gasoline in the  lazzerette.

Rummy

http://www.soundingsonline.com/boat-shop/new-gear/247092-heatmate-5200-p