[Rhodes22-list] heater in the cabin

Chris Geankoplis napoli68 at charter.net
Sat Nov 20 12:26:13 EST 2010

Yes Rummy,
 the kids did pay attention.  Though one time I wished they hadn't. I
spilled some methyl alcohol and didn't want the kids to see it so I wiped it
up with my hands and used it like after shave lotion.  When challenged to
burp on a match to see if burps really burn I took the dare.  No my face did
not catch on fire as the methyl alcohol had evaporated off my warm skin.
Unfortunately not so true with my mustache; it burst into flame.  Hard to
convince the kids it was all a planned scientific demonstration as I ran
around the room screaming like a girl and beating my face to put out the
flames.  God, that was a great day, one of my best.
Chris G