[Rhodes22-list] Bottom paint

Rick sloopblueheron at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 23:14:52 EDT 2010

Kathy,

The real concern is where the boat is kept when it is not sailed.  If you
keep it in the water when not sailing, something will grow on the bottom.
With most inland lakes, only scum will grow on it.  Scum is easy to wash off
with a power washer.  However, if the lake has been invaded by mussels, like
all the Great Lakes, only biocide paint will prevent mussels from becoming a
permanent addition to your bottom gelcoat.

Rick