[Rhodes22-list] Loose centerboard

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Wed Oct 20 17:43:47 EDT 2010

Bill,

Welcome and congrats on the boat!

I'm no expert but your loose centerboard might be normal.  Stan told me of
an owner who put a spacer in his centerboard trunk to keep it from banging
around while at anchor.  The board banged the spacer and put a hole in his
centerboard trunk which caused a serious leak.

I normally only have my centerboard down while going upwind, and frequently
not even then.  May not be the best solution but it works for me.

Good luck!

Lee
1986 Rhodes22  AT EASE
Kent Island, MD