[Rhodes22-list] Loose centerboard

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Wed Oct 20 21:03:12 EDT 2010

Hi Bill,

The hose was 5/8" diameter, about 2-1/2" to 3" in length, I think.  They
just fit above the pin, on either side of the board, below the gasket and
cap.  They were pretty flat (squished) so they fit well.  I was always
amazed at how such a simple device could provide and elegant solution while
being soft enough that if some serious forces were applied, it wouldn't
damage the fiberglass. As I recall, it appeared to be made from cutoff
pieces of the hose used for the centerboard pennant.  Stan always was
frugal.

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
Nissequogue River, NY