[Rhodes22-list] Pictures and details

BillyDoc cushman at cox.net
Sun Oct 24 14:28:18 EDT 2010

Hi Rick,

I think you're right about the movement, but I was also looking for
long-term elasticity and rubber is much better for that than plastics.  Most
of the hardware plastic hoses are vinyl in one form or another and they will
take a "set" over time.  That is, they will deform and stay that way.
Rubber, on the other hand will usually not take a set and will remain
"springy" over long periods.  Rubber is also used in shaft bearings for
inboard motors.  The water makes a fine lubricant in this application.
Anyway, that was my reasoning.

Bill