[Rhodes22-list] New Yamahas

Rhodes22Dave Rhodes22Dave at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 23:40:22 EDT 2010

I have the tiller-linked Yamaha 9.9 which has been on my boat since 2001, and
the boat stays in the water year round.  It has worked well except for one
time with a jammed gear shift cable, and several problems with the
carburetor on starting.  Putting an in-line fuel filter between the tank and
the motor seems to help with the water formation inside the ethanol gas that
we now have to use.

But I've always planned to get a lighter engine the next time I get an
engine (which may be with a new Rhodes 22 if I decide to replace mine).  If
I get a new R22, I am going to ask Stan to install his linked tiller system
to whatever motor is on it--even though he is out of the motor business.

I want to be able to lift the engine in and out of the boat by myself from
over the water, without the effort and occasional mishaps while trying to
lug in and out over 100 pounds--I think about 110.

Dave