[Rhodes22-list] Hello everybody--I'm back after lots of years--maybe time for another new R22

David Keyes rhodes22dave at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 11:40:30 EDT 2010

Sid,

Last year, Stan offered me $18,000 in a trade-in for a new boat, sight
unseen, and with me keeping my Yamaha 9.9 motor.  I haven't talked to Stan
yet this year and suppose the $18,000 drops some with one more year of use.
 However, I think I will include the motor with the boat because, although
it works well, I am interested in getting a lighter motor.  For lake use, I
have never needed the extra power due to waves, currents or weather.  My
current plan is to trade the boat in with Stan in exchange for a new boat.

If you are potentially interested, I can send some pictures and copy you
with the emails I sent to Stan last year about the boat's condition.  The
most obvious things are that the red trip on the edges of the sails and the
red bumper strip around the upper hull have faded in ten years of strong
sun, and the navy blue hull has oxidized and looks faded and cloudy.  It
polishes up very nicely, but then returns to a faded look within months.
 All the lines should be replaced, and I screwed up the Jabsco toilet when I
took off the valve cover and some parts fell down inside--it needs a rebuild
kit.  The boat has a depth sounder, a compass, a radio and the tiller
linkage system with the motor.  The genoa is the original 175 from when the
boat was delivered new in April 2001.  I replaced the mainsail four or five
years later.

David