[Rhodes22-list] Bimini

Chris Cowie ccowie at cowieassociates.com
Thu Oct 28 14:04:05 EDT 2010

Geoff:

I have the Icom M422 with the optional HM 157 Remote Mic.  This gives me a handset down below, that I rarely use, and a remote mike in the cockpit.  I like having the remote mike next to me when I am at the helm since it includes a speaker, volume control, channel changing etc...  This allows me to easily switch back and forth between 16 and the weather channel and turn the volume up and down.  I sent the radio to Stan and had his guys install a clip for the remote centered on the aft wall of the cockpit for easy access.  The remote mic cord connects to a plug that is installed under the Starboard cockpit seat.  The plug runs under the seat and to the cabin where it plugs into the radio.  I used to unplug the remote mic when not in use but the plug failed after not too many uses and I ended up having to replace the wire and plug from the radio to the cockpit.  Icom sent me a free replacement wire but it was a chore getting the old one out and the new one installed.  Now I just tuck the remote mic on top of the lazaret wall under the seat to keep it out of the weather and sight when not in use.

http://www.icomamerica.com/en/products/marine/mountedvhf/m422/options.aspx

Christopher P. Cowie

4400 MacArthur Blvd, NW
Suite 300