[Rhodes22-list] Mast winch handle unscrews ??

R Orkin roryorkin at verizon.net
Thu Sep 2 11:10:10 EDT 2010

Simple answer but does not seem like right answer with winch design.

It is a weird non ratcheting winch with some kind of friction brake. Handle
does not actually work on the shaft but the handle is friction pressed
against end of drum..THere is a spring assembly that is supposed to force
the handle against drum but weird assembly holds it on.. would probably
destroy getting off

R22RumRunner wrote:

> Lock nut?

> In a message dated 9/2/2010 11:00:52 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> roryorkin at verizon.net writes:
>

> My winch on the mast raising system has a  problem.. The handle wants to
> unscrew from the shaft when turning counter  clockwise..
> (lowering mast) any suggestions other than not turning  counterclockwise..
> ??
>
> Rory
>
> -----
> Rory Orkin