[Rhodes22-list] Mast winch handle unscrews ?? (Help)

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Thu Sep 2 11:15:47 EDT 2010

Hmmmmm. This one is going to need an answer from someone who actually owns
the mast crane.

Rummy

In a message dated 9/2/2010 11:10:29 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
roryorkin at verizon.net writes:

Simple answer but does not seem like right answer with winch  design.

It is a weird non ratcheting winch with some kind of friction  brake. Handle
does not actually work on the shaft but the handle is  friction pressed
against end of drum..THere is a spring assembly that is  supposed to force
the handle against drum but weird assembly holds it on..  would probably
destroy getting off

R22RumRunner wrote:

> Lock nut?

> In a message dated 9/2/2010 11:00:52 A.M. Eastern Daylight  Time,
> roryorkin at verizon.net writes:
>

>  My winch on the mast raising system has a  problem.. The handle wants  to
> unscrew from the shaft when turning counter   clockwise..
> (lowering mast) any suggestions other than not  turning
counterclockwise..

http://old.nabble.com/Mast-winch-handle-unscrews----tp29605438p29605438.html
go
> to  http://www.rhodes22.org/list