[Rhodes22-list] Question for Elle???????

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Fri Sep 3 09:23:35 EDT 2010

Thanks for the update Elle. Please let us know how everything turns out
once Earl blows through.

Rummy

In a message dated 9/2/2010 3:28:45 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
watermusic38 at yahoo.com writes:

Hi,  Rummy,
Thanks for the concern.I was a bit nervous but I think I'll be  OK.
I'm tucked back into a creek (facing west) off a river which is  off the
Potomac, on the VA side.. ..In fact, boaters will bring their boats  back here
to anchor in a blow...I left the boat at the dock, but doubled lines  &
secured main & jib. I can only reach about 5' up the jib...but w/a  boat hook I
got a line about 10' up & wrapped the jib to keep it from  unfurling. I
have a sort of cat's cradle of lines, so I'm good for about 3-4'  above high
tide...
I added additional fenders, turned the rudder to  leeward, and also turned
my motor away from the dock so if the stern swings  into the dock from the
wind, the motor won't hit the dock putting strain on  the lift. Attached to
the stbd (outboard) stern cleat I have a cement block on  a line & pulley
which acts as a catenary, holding the stern off the dock  and also smoothing
out the action of the wind & waves, as the stbd side is  on the NW (open) side
of the creek. Scuppers are clear. I think I've  covered everything...Anyone
come up w/anything I've forgotten?
.If the  forecast were for more severe weather here I'd haul...here are two
marinas  close by.
elle

Beer is good....people are crazy

1992 Rhodes  22    Recycled '06"Watermusic"  {Lady in Red}