[Rhodes22-list] High Seas Sailing

Chris Cowie ccowie at cowieassociates.com
Wed Sep 8 20:29:29 EDT 2010

Rick
That's impressive sailing 45 degrees in 20 kts.  I guess I need to find some rail meat or stock up on some of rummys libations.  I don't find a lot of lee helm pulling the bow toward the wind but find it hard to keep the headsail from luffing inside of 60 degrees off the wind.  Maybe I need to have less jib out and move the sheets to the innermost position but that seems to give up so much speed.   Do you notice much less roll and bouncing around with three people on board?  Maybe I should fill the holding and water tanks although I know rummy would advocate a few cases of rum instead.

Chris Cowie
Sent from my iPhone