[Rhodes22-list] Anyone careened their Rhodes 22?

cjlowe at sssnet.com cjlowe at sssnet.com
Tue Sep 14 20:48:33 EDT 2010

Last year, mine got stuck up. I dock on a small lake,and I anchored in
water 10' deep. Since I was alone,I strung a line under the boat,between
the winches,so i could get in and out quicker.Took a big ,blunt ended
screwdriver and stuck it in the back of the CB trunk and pried down on the
centerboard. It took three tries(dives) but the third time it came loose.
In my defence,the water in the lake is so murky,you can't see your hand if
it is 1 foot under water,so I did it with eyes closed and by feel alone.
Before I started under the boat,I cleated the CB pendent,so it would only
drop about 6 inches if it came loose, as an extra safty measure.

Jerry Lowe