[Rhodes22-list] Bowsprit

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Sat Apr 2 07:58:30 EDT 2011

The whole idea of a bowsprit is to increase the amount of sail area.
Personally, I think the 175 already adds sufficient sail area. Several times on
a downwind run I have buried the bow because I was over powered. Although
not  the same, I get the same effect by using a whisker pole on the 175.

Rummy

In a message dated 4/1/2011 4:47:35 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,