[Rhodes22-list] any racers on the list?

Bob and Kathy Quinn bobandkathyr22 at bellsouth.net
Tue Apr 5 21:54:59 EDT 2011

I find that we do well even with the IMF against similar sized boats.  Catalina
22's with swing keels are good matches but fixed keels, with good helmsmen, are
tough to beat.  Sonars kick our butt but we are more comfortable.  Hunters and
Precisions are good competitors and depending on wind conditions, the R22 does
well. Larger fixed keel boats with clean bottoms and competent helmsmen without
huge handicaps are not in our class.

No doubt about it tho, the standard main is a better choice for racing.

Having said all that, we have not raced in some time.  Seem more satisfied just
running up and down the river while the club runs one race and then spends
several hours over "coldies" talking about the race.  I'd rather sail!

Bob in Florida