[Rhodes22-list] Pop top hardware

bladerunner12345 cgeisser12345 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 08:58:57 EDT 2011

Wow, I would very much like to get any parts I can for the pop top, very
willing to pay shipping. Just let me know here or shoot me an e-mail
(cgeisser12345 at gmail.com) and we can work out the specifics.

Thanks,
Carl Geisser

 Carl,

(Sorry for the sloppy description, but it is midnight and I am struggling to
see the screen)

  The pop top and slider are two separate panels, with the slider on top of
the pop up roof section. There is a sort of three point
attachment. The front has a bracket screwed to the foreward edge of the
poptop. This bracket is attached to the mast with sort of
a half of a gooseneck fitting which slides in the sail track.  The older
boats had a series of holes drilled in the aft face of the mast (through the
sail slot).
When the top was raised, the gooseneck slider part was pushed up the sail
slot, to just below the gate and a pin was put through the sail track to
hold it up.

For the rear, there are two brackets mounted low on either side of the
companionway. To these brackets is attached a frame which looks like
an upside down "U" but squared. (two uprights with a crossbar across the
top) The uprights are two pieces. One tube slides inside of the other
so they can be extended. Push-pop pins snap into a hole to keep then
extended.

I know this make little sense, but I will attach pics (as I promised you
last week).  I have an old bracket assembly in the garage somewhere. If I
can find all of the pieces, I'll send it to you if you are willing pay the
shipping, which shouldn't be much.  Some pics attached. One is of a newer
top.