[Rhodes22-list] Trailering Checklist?

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Sat Apr 16 11:24:08 EDT 2011

Bob's last point is one of the most important. Get the boat far
enough forward on the trailer. If it is not far enough forward, you
will get fishtailing even at moderate speeds. We have never been
comfortable towing at speeds much above 60 but that is because of
stopping distances more than anything else.

I think Bob trailers a lot more than we ever did. I will say that for
trailering distances we have always removed the motor to reduce the
strain on the motor mount and transom and the rudder because it
sticks out past the boat and we don't want anyone bashing it in a
parking lot or something. Getting that weight off the stern also
makes it easier to have the boat far enough forward to prevent fishtailing.

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hall, MD