[Rhodes22-list] connecting Ray Marine ST1000

peter klappert peterklappert at comcast.net
Mon Aug 1 01:19:08 EDT 2011

Bob--

Thanks for the photos. Your installation looks like Bill Wickman's setup & Bill's looks like photos in a Practical Sailor review. I spent a lot of electrons trying to persuade Stan (&, via Stan, Mark) that that's the way to do it. I also provided a variety of absurdly expensive push-rod extensions in order to make that arrangement work.

As I said in the reply to Chris Cowie, while at General Boats I finally grasped the feasibility/practicality of their approach & I guess that's how I'll go. In 3-4 months, if asked, I can report how well the cantilever bracket setup works. Or doesn't.

Bill W has already sent the list a fine, detailed description of his installation, with photos. For anyone interested, I attach the PS review (with similar photos) and a Raymarine drawing of the cantilever mounting bracket in action.

Thanks again,