[Rhodes22-list] Hull Indention

Wickman, William E WEWickman at spectraenergy.com
Mon Aug 1 14:39:37 EDT 2011

I have the Triad trailer and it uses 2X6 board for the bunks.  There is a slight indentation on my boat as well (oil canning) when on the trailer, but it disappears when in the water.  As long as your gel-coat is not cracking and the boat retains it shape when off the trailer I would not worry too much about it.  I would bet that virtually every Rhodes22 exhibits some oil canning on their trailers.  I would definitely replace the 2X4 with 2X6 though.

Bill Wickman
s/v Fina Lee