[Rhodes22-list] Bottom Painter Puzzled (CHRIS)

Bob Keller r22yankeeclipper at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 22 19:04:36 EDT 2011

Depends if you want ablative or hard paint.  The Petit SR ia a hard paint and if you are going to repaint every season then in a few years you might have to get all the multiple layers of paint stripped (sandblasted) off.  Ablative paint is good for salt water environments because it sloughs off over time and you can get a diver to clean it every few months and you likely would not have to repaint every year.  The big difference is that ablative paints do not build up in multiple layers.  Ablatives are also preferred (from what I have read) for trailerable boats.  The higher the copper content the better, IMO...
Bob K
Hoping Irene comes nowhere near Savannah, GA....................................................