[Rhodes22-list] Now back to our story.....

Chris Geankoplis napoli68 at charter.net
Tue Aug 23 19:54:10 EDT 2011

My Dad, a carrier Air Force officer was involved in planning and executing
the "war plan" in the '60's and '70's.  He told me once when we were driving
down the beltway, "If the Russians nuked D.C. there would be massive
casualties"  "Well Yeh," I said, "There is the blast, and the radiation".
"Oh, that would not be where most of the causalities would come from" he
said. "It would be from all the idiots who would drive their cars into the
smoking craters!"

He had the same opinion of DC as you do Elle.

Chris G