[Rhodes22-list] Glag I hauled

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Sat Aug 27 15:04:33 EDT 2011

We've had some heavy rain bands come through and a few gusts probably
into the 30s.

List member Rory Orkin has a weather station facing the Choptank
River about 30 miles south of here. I'm watching it because it does a
better job monitoring wind than our local weather station which is
pretty sheltered.

Here's the link to Rory's station:
http://www.tilghmanweather.com/

Tolchester Beach is just north of here. It has tide graph which is
handy too. (Winds are somewhat sheltered from the East)
http://tidesonline.nos.noaa.gov/plotcomp.shtml?station_info=8573364+Tolchester+Beach,+MD

We just watch the cornfield across the street. Right now it's
standing pretty straight so not too much wind. We also watch the
drainage ditch along the side of the house. It's got some water in it
which agrees with our rain guage - probably an inch and a quarter so
far. We got a phone call from our electric company yesterday saying
be prepared for a lengthy outage. I think we are.

Stay safe everyone. Report in when you can.

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hall, MD