[Rhodes22-list] Boat Security

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Mon Dec 5 16:08:41 EST 2011

Rick,

"...make my property slightly harder to steal than my neighbor's."

That's a great philosophy for life!  If there's some else on my dock with a
dirtier boat I see no reason why I should clean mine.  If one of my
neighbor's lawns isn't as green as mine then why should I go out and damage
the environment with chemical fertilizers?  Unfortunately I may need to buy
more lights this year.

http://old.nabble.com/file/p32920339/Lee%2527s%2BNeighbor.jpg
Lee%27s+Neighbor.jpg

Lee
1986 Rhodes22  AT EASE
Chevy Chase, MD

Ron,

My general approach to property theft is to make my property slightly
harder to steal than my neighbor's.  With my house and car, that works
pretty well.  But with a poptop cabin like the R22, next to a sailboat with
traditional padlocked hatch boards, that dosn't work.  It is just one of
the trade-offs of having a poptop.

If your marina has such poor security that thieves go unnoticed lugging
around batteries, find a better place to keep your boat.

Rick