[Rhodes22-list] Sound cushion advice?

Greg PA baywindgroup at comcast.net
Sun Feb 6 13:45:04 EST 2011

Ron
I made cockpit cushions last year for my Rhodes. I did not use plywood and
it was really easy to throw them in the cabin when I left for the day. That
was my first attempt and they worked well and only cost me $10 using
recycled outdoor cushion foam and vinyl from an fabric outlet store. They
just are not up to standard for aesthetics, so I am about to do another set.

I am going to buy foam from Costco, they have mattress toppers that seems to
have worked really well for people on Sailnet for around $120. I am going to
use an outdoor fabric similar to Sunbrella, even thought I know it not what
most people use ( I already have the material).  I watched the Sailrite DVD
on making cushions and it is really pretty straight forward. Total cost for
cushions will be $150.

-----
Greg PA
s/v SERENITY