[Rhodes22-list] Loose centerboard

John Shulick jsbudda at verizon.net
Sun Feb 20 16:51:04 EST 2011

BillyDoc,

 When I rebuilt my centerboard and trunk I had a friend machine me a new pin
of 1/2" 306 stainless and a yellow brass bushing 1/2" ID and 1 1/2" OD.  I
used a hole saw (goes on the end of a drill used normally on doors and such)
on the centerboard and then epoxied the bushing in the centerboard. I have
been using this set up for 3 yrs with no problem. BUT I am in a fresh water
lake and not the ocean. Also my boat is in the water only half the year as
well.

John S