[Rhodes22-list] centerboard questions

cjlowe at sssnet.com cjlowe at sssnet.com
Sun Feb 20 20:10:19 EST 2011

Joe,
  I think you have the diamondboard. The centerboard looks exactly like
the rudder,but weights more.When tightening the centerboard cap down,I
like to first start all the fasteners,then,starting in the middle of the
cap tighten the screws,working side to side,then the next pair foreward
then the next pair aft .It helps smooth out any wrinkles in the gasket.
First round of tightening,I start with a light snug.The last round of
tightening ,I start in the middle of the CB again ,this time I loosen
the screw 1/8 of a turn then tighten it to a good snug.Loosening the
screw before you tighten it help give you a better feel for how tight
the screw is.

Jerry Lowe