[Rhodes22-list] Rudder Rope Clutch

Bob and Kathy Quinn bobandkathyr22 at bellsouth.net
Sun Feb 20 20:10:58 EST 2011

Lee:  If you have to pull the rudder again, it can be brought over the stern
with no real problem IF YOU TAKE THE TRAVELER OFF.  Tie the boom to one of the
back stays to keep it from swinging.   I also placed a movers pad (heavy
blanket) over the stern and cockpit seats to keep from banging things up.

While taking the traveler loose takes a few extra steps to the process it makes
the work a lot simpler.  I had to do this a few weeks ago when I made a boo boo
by not retying the lifting lines after repainting the rudder before I launched.
Yes, it was a pain.

Bob in Florida on the R22 NoKaOi 3"