[Rhodes22-list] Rudder Rope Clutch

KUHN, LELAND LKUHN at cnmc.org
Tue Feb 22 11:05:28 EST 2011

John,

That might work.  It seems like it would be a lot of weight but I guess
the pressure would be on the forestay and mast, and they should be able
to handle it easily.

My new removable tiller extender requires a hole in the tiller to which
I fastened a line just in case I dropped the rudder.  The tide was about
as low as I've ever seen it but I still wouldn't have wanted to stick my
arm in that icy water.

Next time I think I'll enlist the help of a strong friend and just
manhandle the rudder onto dry land-it's just less awkward to do the
repair work and easier to find the nuts and bolts I drop.

Thanks!

Lee