[Rhodes22-list] wind indicator

Caesar Paul caesarpaul01 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 28 14:16:26 EST 2011

Bill, Rummy,
I'm with both of you on this.  You have describe my situation Bill.  I have
installed the plastic or fabric type indicators on my sail, because the wool
type ones, tended to stick to the sail.  I do however, place cassette tape on
the outer shrouds, and find them to be helpful even when there is just a ghost
of a wind.  It also saves me from straining my neck looking up.

The most fun comes from trying to read the strength and direction of the wind by
feeling it on the face.  It makes me feel salty, like I know what I'm doing.

Caesar
Gentle Breeze