[Rhodes22-list] Doggie update

BenCittadino bencittadino at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 16:25:05 EST 2011

For what it's worth, in New Jersey both MD's and DO's are licensed
identically as "Physician and Surgeon". There are many practices here which
consist of practitioners from both schools, and many practices that consist
of only one or the other. So the only reson DO's are not medical doctors is
that they don't hold that MD degree but the Doctor of Osteopathy degree.

Interestingly,  at the fabulous Cleveland Clinic where I went for my
quadruple bypass three years ago my Interventional Cardiologist was a DO and
my Cardio-Thoracic Surgeon was an MD who worked side by side. (Note: I never
make Cleveland jokes, any more, as ihe folks in that town saved my life).
(Double Note: If you have any medical issue other than a hangnail,get thee
to the Cleveland Clinic. I LOVE that place. The absolute classiest operation
I have ever seen.

Happy New Year.

BenC
s/v Susan Kay