[Rhodes22-list] Mary Lou & Lee

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Thu Jan 6 11:48:21 EST 2011

Joe,
I agree with Rummy. We added the hose clamps after hitting a
submerged object that bumped the pintles out of the gudgeons when
motoring across a 3-4 ft. shoal. We are of the opinion that the
resistance of a hose clamp would have encouraged the rudder to kick
up more quickly but that it probably wouldn't have damaged the
transom. It is also possible that whatever we hit might have gouged
the rudder more. We now motor across that shoal more slowly.

We have the thumbscrew clamp to keep the rudder down. Works well.

Mary Lou