[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes 22 Questions

Wickman, William E WEWickman at spectraenergy.com
Tue Jul 12 10:34:40 EDT 2011

Just back from several weeks of travel so a little late to the party.  I second everything that has already been said.  If you can spend the money, there is no better boat.  One of the things that I think is so great about the Rhodes is its versatility.  You can do anything from racing to day sailing to weekending, or trailer it to exotic destinations for week long adventures with ease.  I have taken mine to the Bahamas and Dry Tortugas and can testify that, with proper planning and an eye to the weather, you can take this boat just about anywhere.

If you decide to go with a Rhodes, be sure to search the archives on options for outfitting it.  You will find several debates on what size/type of outboard, and dual axle versus single axle trailers.  We even debate the virtues of porta-potties versus marine heads.

Good luck and welcome to the list.  And remember, looking for that new boat is half the fun!

Bill Wickman
s/v Fina Lee