[Rhodes22-list] Porta-Bote users?

Stephen Staum snstaum at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 18:12:30 EDT 2011

Mike,

It is true that the Porta-Bote is not cheap, although you can do better at
the boat shows - at least free delivery and usually an additional discount
as well.  Unlike an inflatable, they do not sink (internal flotation foam)
and are pretty indestructible.  Mine is 8 years old and still going strong.
The hull is guaranteed for 10 years!  Mine was swept off the floats during a
storm 2 years ago and was crushed between 2 floats that weigh thousands of
pounds.  I had to buy 2 new seats and do a little cosmetic work on the
rubber that acts as a rub rail.  Any other boat would have been thrown away.

As with most things, you get what you pay for.  I can find lots of small
sailboats that are way cheaper than a Rhodes 22 but I would not trade mine
for any of them.

One man's opinion.

Stephen Staum
'87 R22, Carol Lee