[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes22-list/ J Lock's Traveler

Lou Rosenberg lsrvideo at optimum.net
Sat Jul 23 00:16:09 EDT 2011

John, Rob , Cesar

First off, John deserves alot of credit for this simple design.  I
just copied it an realized the pin I was using on the first slider was
not going to cut it.  Anyone attempting this will benefit from our
mistakes.  You will need a pin on the slider that goes more than 1/4
deep.

THe hardest part of this job is drilling the holes in the orig tube
and getting the genoa track tapped in correctly. The rest is up to a
rigger and
just getting the right parts.

Rob,
No that blue line is the back stay adjuster.  And I just realized it
was getting severly CHAFED yesterday.  The rig has been up one month!
I WILL need to change out that blue 1/4line next season!

Cesar:  I ve used the traveler on all points its easy to slide when
loaded, a bit stiff but you want it that way.  I used it the other
day in Rockaway Inlet with
about 10knots of wind.  THe pin has not slipped since I changed the
slider.

I opted to wrap rigging tape around the old spring and I will try to
remove that spring next season.

My old boat needs more paint at the dock this season and I had to
launch without putting CETOL on my teak in the cockpit.
Im waiting for cooler weather soon, hopefully

sail safe everyone!

Lou
Miracles