[Rhodes22-list] Towing with a weight distributing hitch

Jim Connolly jbconnolly at comcast.net
Sun Jul 31 18:33:26 EDT 2011

Someone asked about this last year and I promised to send pictures but never
did.

Well, here are some.  Photo 1 is an  an Equal-i-zer sway control weight
distributing hitch.  It has two anti-sway bars that rest on "L" brackets
bolted to the trailer frame (photo 2).  They are further restrained by
smaller inverted "L" clips that box in the sway bars.  These are not
installed in the third photo, as I had already started to unhook to extend
the trailer tongue.  It does not seem to interfere with the surge brakes.

Hope this helps

Jim Connolly

s/v Inisheer

'85 recycled '03