[Rhodes22-list] re placement tiller for 86 Rhodes 22

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Wed Jun 1 16:49:27 EDT 2011

Joe D.

Welcome!

I've always thought that sailing a Rhodes was like sailing a dinghy--no
ballast on lots of sail.

The son of the manufacturer of the Flying Scott went out for a demo sail
with me.  He had his wife and 3-year old daughter with us and I tried to
convince him to not go out.  Light rain, scary skies, and heavy wind.  He
had me let out the 175 Genoa (broad reach) in conditions that I would have
reefed the main, and he acted like it was nothing.

I guess it's all relative.  Compared to a Flying Scott the Rhodes probably
seems pretty stable.

Lee
1986 Rhodes22  AT EASE
Kent Island, MD