[Rhodes22-list] Fw: Swim ladders

Bob and Kathy Quinn bobandkathyr22 at bellsouth.net
Thu Jun 2 17:49:03 EDT 2011

Bill:  Sounds like a newer R22 with an opening in the stern rail which enables
you to step onto the boat without having to climb over the stern rail.  While a
bit of a pain, simply free up the tension line on the rear stays, release the
traveler, loosen the main sheet, place the traveler under the seat, if
necessary, tie the boom off to the port side and go swimming.  Makes the extra
ladder one less thing to have aboard.

Bob