[Rhodes22-list] One of My Favorites

Slim Chance slimsails at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 20:43:52 EDT 2011

John. Re music theory:  It's simple.  All it is is turning what we hear into
words.  Like a foreign language, it has a "spoken form" and we all know what
music speaks.  But can we become "literate" and learn the written form and
all the terms related.  It's no more complicated than that, but there's a
lot to it, like any language.  I studied classical guitar extensively myself
and I know that it's mostly Spanish, but it's all the same.  We have these
terms and codes like PIMA (Pulgar, indicio, medio, anular) that have to be
decoded and are easily understood.  Childsplay, right?

Slim