[Rhodes22-list] DC Sailing

peter klappert peterklappert at comcast.net
Wed Jun 22 23:57:06 EDT 2011

Ben--

Tempting offer, but unfortunately my boat is still a work in progress. Hope someone takes you up on the offer: it might be cooler & less steamy on the Potomac.

Someone I cared for

Someone I cared for
put it to me: Who
do you think you are?

I went down the list
of all the many
possibilities

carefully — did it
twice — but couldn't find
a plausible one.

That was when I knew
for the first time who
in fact I wasn't.

		--Cid Corman

from And The Word. © Coffee House Press, 1987