[Rhodes22-list] LOOSE CENTERBOARD

Greg PA baywindgroup at comcast.net
Wed Mar 2 19:11:18 EST 2011

Lou
Thanks for the message. I did see your original CB post (have it printed),
and I even exchanged emails with Roger (great guy). I followed Billy's
advice and went to Mc Master and bought plastic. I had to ream out the hole
in the thick wall tubing but it works well. I had to buy a foot of tubing
and pin material but is was just $17 shipped. The epoxy is drying right now
on the tubing in the CB, it moves freely without the sloppy fit I had
before.

I have to tackle the blocks next (pun intended). I went to West Marine and
my rigging shop and didn't see any blocks I liked. I am leaning to just
replacing the current system with new thicker wall tubing and use a spacer
over the screws to get a better fit with the tubing. I am planning on using
the CB down a lot less this summer, and I am putting my money into other
projects such as my new (used) Harken 00al furler.

My next big project is find out why my bilge pump line is clogged. I ran a
snake into it and couldn't get it open. I can only think of two
possibilities: There is serious dried mud in the line, or there is a 1-way
valve I can't see in the line that is broken. The line goes under the floor,
then under the V berth and out a thru hull. Any ideas?

-----
Greg PA
s/v SERENITY
79 Rhodes 22