[Rhodes22-list] Bottom Paint for Fresh Water

Daniel Johnson djohnson0671 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 06:39:10 EST 2011

Thanks for all the input.
The boat currently has Stan's Trinidad paint on it.  I plan to talk to the
marina at the lake anyway.
Our plans are certainly not locked in concrete yet, but we purchased a lot
on Lake Balboa in Hot Springs Village.  The Rhodes is at the upper limit of
what would be approriate for the lake.  If we take the Rhodes, it would be
slipped at my own dock.  That is the next issue - I really don't want a
trailer to have to store, but there is no marine lift on the lake; just a
nice ramp at the marina.  Before we bought the lot, we rented a pontoon boat
and toured the lake - mostly pontoon party boats, a few power boats, and
probably half a dozen sailboats.

We own a smaller, homebuilt sailboat that we will also take.  So before we
go purchasing any new bottom paint, there are lots of decisions to make, not
the least of which is  do we build the boat dock or the house first.  It is
possible we will decide to sell the Rhodes to avoid the hassle of trailers,
etc., but I hate to do that.  None of this will happen for a year or so -
first I need to finish working and get retired so I have more time to sail.

Dan