[Rhodes22-list] Motor mount cracks

John Shulick jsbudda at verizon.net
Wed Mar 16 21:16:15 EDT 2011

Rick,

 I hear what your saying but am concerned the epoxy will have enough "bite"
to stop the problem.
To attempt that solution I would roughen the area with 40 grit sandpaper or
a rough file to provide enough "tooth" for the epoxy to adhere to the
surface. This would not be a chemical bond but should provide an enough of
an irregular surface to solve the problem.

Boat in the water in one month.

Counting the days !

John S

John,

West Marine has epoxy that will plate over the crack to keep it from
spreading.  The inside or other side of the cracking should be coated over
as well.  Add some carbon fiber ribbon perpendicular to the crack line to
reinforce the plating.

Rick