[Rhodes22-list] Thru hull fitting

cowie ccowie at cowieassociates.com
Wed Mar 23 11:10:22 EDT 2011

Greg:

Thanks for the reply and link.  My thru hull for the sink drain is also
above the water line when the boat is level.  When replacing the sink I
found the drain line from the sink to the thru hull seemed loose and I was
able to easily pull it off the thru hull.  Apparently the newer Rhodes
including mine has a metal thru hull that replaces the older plastic thru
hulls GB used to use.  The newer metal thu hull has a male fitting that is a
smaller diameter than the sink drain hose and It looks like a smaller
diameter pipe has been inserted into the larger sink hose to allow for the
diameter transition.  I spread a generous amount of sealant around the male
fitting and pushed the drain hose, with the smaller piece of hose inside,
onto the fitting and tightened the hose clamp.  I will add a second hose
clamp per Frank's recommendation.  I didn't take any photos with the hose
off the fitting but enclosed are a couple of general images.

http://old.nabble.com/file/p31220711/IMG_7065r.jpg
http://old.nabble.com/file/p31220711/IMG_7067r.jpg