[Rhodes22-list] Sunscreen warning

Ben Schultz benonvelvetelvis at theskinnyonbenny.com
Sun Mar 27 11:05:09 EDT 2011

Because of a really rough lake and a couple of whimsy crew members, we only sailed for a few hours yesterday. Temps in the low 80s, cloudless sky, 15kt winds with lulls and gusts. Had a lot of rail meat, but still went with about 2/3 of the main and 1/3 of the genny, and we were flying.

I had sunscreen held over from last year, perhaps late summer 09, and we applied it liberally to our winter-white skin, and we got fried.

(Great sailing day all the same.)

So remember to throw out the old stuff and get new sunscreen!

Ben
R22 Velvet Elvis