[Rhodes22-list] Bilge pump

Charles Nieman blue66corvette at hotmail.com
Sun May 1 18:51:54 EDT 2011

Finally....... after a new bottom job. Trailerling across two counties, after being in the same marina for 15 years I almost forgot how to trailer this boat. And stepping a mast for the first time ever with a crane on the water (last marina had a crane on the ground). I am now in a wet slip for the first time... And just in time to enjoy the Texas summer, maybe with a few breezes.

Question is; I have never had or needed a bilge pump. I suspect that now changes. The boat has always taken on water in rain storms so I am thinking it would be wise to install a battery and bilge pump. Anyone out there have information on this???

1. Size pump?
2. Separate or integral float switch?
3. Best pump location?
4. How much water should I expect to have in the bilge after pump shuts off?
5. Suggestions on brand?
6. Etc etc etc

Sent from my iPhone

Charles Nieman