[Rhodes22-list] Glued to trailer

KenBates btskend at gmail.com
Thu May 5 20:18:03 EDT 2011

Had a very dificult launch. My Rhodes wouldnt come of the trailer. repeated
attempts produced a rocking floating action but 2 people in the water
pushing an motor pulling and hitting the breakes hard didnt work.
Pulled back out checked center board all seems fine. Finaly it broke loose
and as the trailer pulled away the answer becane clear, we had ripped much
of the bunk carped loose. it had been glued and stapled .

We had put 2 coats of interlux bottomcoat on and waited the maximum
recomended time of 72 hours before setting the boat down on the trailer.
Then we couldnt launch for 4 more days, during which time the paint fused to
the bunk carpet  ...... should have left the plastic on the bunks
http://old.nabble.com/file/p31555158/IMG_0280.jpeg